Friday, January 05, 2007

I feel old

On New Year's Eve, I decided to have a lock-in for my middle school youth. I had a good group come in, and we had some fun. The problem is that they made me play soccer and basketball, which I'm all for. The problem is that when we do this in the same night I am sore for the next three days. I'm still a little sore from this night of playing. I remember a time when I would have done that, and got up the next day ready to play some more. Growing older sucks. Maybe I should spend some time at the gym and get into shape, but I really don't know if I'm dedicated enough for that. I know that if I go to the gym that I'm going to over do it, and end too sore the next day to go again. This is because I'm not dedicated enough for this. It was a lot easier in high school when I had coaches yelling at me, and some of the working out was disguised in a game. That's what I really like. Make my exercise hide in something that I really like doing. It's like hiding a pill in a patient's muffin so that they will actually take their medicine. I need to hide my exercise in the muffin of a sweet sweet sport then I will actually do it...

Who am I kidding?! I won't even do that for more than like a week. I'm too lazy.

later peeps,

Mark

2 comments:

Christie Angleton said...

Well, I feel young, so there!

Mike said...

Personally, I feel like I should be on Medicare already. I ran around campus lake the other day, and it almost killed me. Time/age is a race that we will never win, so why run when you can walk?