Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dreams

It was pointed out to me that it has been more than a month since I had posted on here. So at the request of Ron here is a new post.

Last night I had dream that wasn't at all life changing, but still made me realize something. This dream (it's rare that I remember these things) was basically about me buy a car without even consulting my wife. I don't think that the car was a real model or anything, but I really enjoyed test driving it so I bought it. My wife on the other hand was no where to be found it this dream. Suddenly in the dream I realized what I had done. I woke from the dream trying to figure out how to tell Christie, who controls the finances in the house, that I had indeed bought a new car.

The thing that I realized is that my wife and I are coming increasingly closer to needing to buy a new car. My 1996 Grand Caravan is in bad shape, and I don't know if it is going to hold up much longer. This is nothing surprising or new. But we can't afford to do this anytime soon, yet I am feeling the impending doom of the lovely "Green Bean." That's all I have to say about my literal dream from last night.

I do have another dream that I would like to make public to all of you who might not know yet (I'm not sure that anyone that actually reads this blog doesn't know this already). I would really like to get a Ph.D and teach at a Seminary. I have been toying with this idea for quite awhile now, but recently I have felt less attracted to the local parish and more attracted to abstract thought and expression. This really came about because I read "The Courage to Be" by Paul Tillich this summer, and thought about how much I would like to teach this. My dream is to write and teach something that can make a difference to many people in ministry and people who are interested in Theology. I would really like to make a difference, not by doing ministry in the local church, but by doing ministry with the people who are called to lead the local church.

This is my dream. What's yours? Please be as fanciful as you want.

peace
mark

No comments: