Thursday, February 14, 2008

I read the news today, oh boy.

Alright, so today I opened my newspaper and there glaring at me on the front frickin' page is Roger Clemens. Why is this such a big deal? This is maybe front page of the sports section worthy. Yes, I think steroid use in baseball is bad, and that it sets a horrible example for the kids. But it seems ridicules that Roger Clemens is on the front page of the paper. Now, I didn't read the article because I'm sick of hearing about it. Who lied? Is Roger Clemens the greatest pitcher of this era? I don't care about either. Isn't there something more important for Congress to do than listening to two grown men fight over whether one of them cheated in a game or not? I mean the economy isn't great. We are at war. Poverty is still an issue in this country. People are struggling to eat in the US as well as all over the world. Many people are living on the streets. And the list goes on and on, but Congress is wasting time on a frickin' game. Congress is designed to move slowly in passing laws and stuff, so let's slow the system down further by worrying about baseball.

By the way, Roger Clemens was one of my favorite players growing up, and there is no denying that he was a good pitcher. And he looks wicked mean in the front page picture, which seems a little roid-rageish to me. But let's keep this in perspective, this is a man who got paid way too much money to throw a ball, then possibly cheated to continue to throw a ball for entirely too much money. Now, Congress is worried about a guy who threw a ball for a living when there are thousands of people who are doing some horrible things in our own country. Come on Congress there has to be something more important for you to do.

Notice that the title of this post is a line from "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles, if you don't know then go get Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and enjoy!

Peace, love and stay away from the Roids,

Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay away from the roids... you cant be serious. Look at the good they are doing me.

Brad said...

Amen, brother.

Zach said...

Can't say it any better than Brad. Amen.