Tuesday, October 23, 2007

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 as paraphrased by the Bristol Hill Youth

Love tried to be tolerant, Love tries to be nice.
Love doesn't show off.
It's not jealous, It's not cocky.
Love in not a jerk.
It's not pushy; it's not hateful or snotty.
It doesn't celebrate mess ups but celebrates honesty.
It puts up with your crap, trusts in you, wants good for you, goes through your crap with you.
Love is always there!

There is only one thing that I would change in this paraphrase, and that is the word tries. Love doesn't try, but love is the embodiment of toleration and niceness. Other than that I think that my youth did an excellent job with this passage. I kind of wish I would have used this in my wedding. Anyhoo, I just thought I would share that with everyone.
Cheers,
mark

No comments: