Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sickness and Health

I just got married, and I have been thinking about some of the vows that I took during the ceremony. Most of it is just taking care of each other, and loving each other until death parts us. Well, that well and good, but they didn't tell me how soon it would be before all of these in statements are going to take place. For instance, they didn't warn me that sickness was going to happen shortly after making it to the hotel for the "honeymoon," which was almost non-existent.

We hadn't been to the hotel for more than an hour when my wife starting feeling sick to her stomach. I tried not to take it personally, but I couldn't help thinking that my lousy attempts at pleasing her have literally made her sick to her stomach. With that thought never aired publicly, I convinced myself that it had nothing to do with me. She spent most of the rest of our couple day stay sleeping while I watched tv. It wasn't the best honeymoon ever, but I think it should be something that is discussed before the wedding. The pastor in premartial counseling should have said, "Mark, your wife will most likely get sick on the wedding night, so don't have any plans apart from sleeping." Of course, he wouldn't have known that, but still we should have been warned that sickness is before health in vows for a reason.

I've also been thinking about "for richer or for poorer." I only hope that the for richer comes, so that we can at least get out of debt. I'm content with poor, but poor with no debt hanging over my head would be great. I don't really want all of my poorness be as a direct result of debt. I wish I was smart enough to get some scholarships or something. Anyway, since the sickness has already found us, I hope that the richer comes next. But I don't want to be a millionaire, I just want enough to cover everything and little more for some fun things. Anyway that's all for now. Peace and Love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Markus, How are you doing? Long time. So sorry that I was not able to make it to the wedding. Still kicking myself for missing it. Due to being on the east coast and working at a non-profit job, doesn't really allow me to travel so much. But will be home for Christmas, so we should meet up. I miss you guys so much! Hit me up via email or cell. Same same. I guess I should get back to work. I am not the best communicator but will do my best. But incase your birthday comes and past by without me knowing, well HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Tell Christie that I miss and love her and hope she had the wedding of her dreams. Well I guess for both of you had the wedding of your dreams! :0) If you are in Boston anytime and I'm still here, hit me up. My job/volunteering ends in mid July but who knows what will happen.

talk to ya later
much love
-M