Thursday, January 17, 2013

#7 I feel like I know Portland thanks to the show Portlandia.

We don't have a TV anymore, but we do have a lap top computer that Netflix streams TV shows and movies to.  It's pretty awesome.  But it means that I am always at least one season behind on every TV show, which I have to just live with.

Because of Netflix though I have been exposed to shows that I probably would have never watched without their recommendation.  Portlandia is one of those shows.  So I really like the first two seasons, and because of this show I'm pretty sure I can count Portland as a place that I have visited.  I've never physically been there, but I think the show has shown me exactly what it is about and, therefore Portland has been checked off of my bucket list.

I would like to conclude this post by saying that this has been, indeed, my most meaningless assertion.  I'm not sure I can top this, but stay tuned and I will try.

P.S. I also have checked Gotham City off of my list because of the new Batman movies.  There's nothing wrong with living life vicariously through my lap top computer, right?


1 comment:

Sarah Angleton said...

I have never actually seen Portlandia, but I have spent a good amount of time in Portland and this is dead on. If only they could capture the smell. As an Oregon resident I totally approve your assertion that you have now been there. Except you really should take Mrs. Mark to Powell's sometime because it is amazing and she would love it.